Online Teaching, Learning Management System, Online Course, Online courses, Online Learning, Online Qizzes, Teach online, Teaching Online, Training
Why Every Tutor Should Start Teaching Online
Ask any grown-up who their role model is, and they’d probably name a celebrity, a sportsperson, an author, or an artist. Pose the same question to a student, and she is most likely to be reminded of her teacher, standing in front of her classroom.
Teachers are, undisputedly, one of the most important members of our society. They provide the power of education, broaden the knowledge horizons of young minds, and set them up for success as citizens of the world. The children of today are the world leaders of tomorrow and teachers play a critical role in preparing them to take on their future roles with responsibility.
As the world grapples with issues like social churns, environmental flux, and an ongoing pandemic, the role of the teacher has become even more vital – as they are in a position to empower children to reverse negative trends and mindsets.
However, what has changed drastically in recent years, are the mediums that teachers can adapt to reach out to students. So far, teachers were largely sharing knowledge through physical models – like a school or private classroom – where teaching happens face-to-face. This model limited the scope of teachers, as they were unable to reach out to students outside the confines of their locality or community.
Digitization-driven teaching online has added a whole new dimension to teaching. It has provided the potential to tap into student communities in any part of the world. You could be located in Miami and give Mathematics lessons to high school students in Texas, Tokyo, or Thiruvananthapuram.
Online Teaching has given tutors a new – and largely untapped and unexplored – opportunity to use their classroom skills in path-breaking and profitable ways. Tutors can share their knowledge with students across the world and, in the process, earn money and gain financial freedom to be able to live a life of their choice.
Is Teaching Online really booming, or is it merely a myth?
After E-commerce, knowledge commerce is slated to be the next success story – and its journey to triumph will happen at a much more rapid pace.
The online e-commerce industry took approximately 25 years to reach the dizzying heights of success where it stands today. Knowledge commerce is expected to touch the same pinnacles within five years.
There’s never been a better time to be an online tutor. The pandemic has added speed to the adoption of knowledge commerce and boosted its success graph by at least 15 years. It’s not just teachers, but people from various walks of life, who have turned their skills into online courses, are using a slew of digital mediums and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to make their lessons and lectures available to learners across the world.
The numbers confirm that the popularity of online education is soaring. Since the pandemic, the global online education market has witnessed an unprecedented boom.
It is projected to clock in a CAGR of 9% and reach a total market size of USD 319 billion by 2025 – growing from USD 187 billion in 2019.
Factors driving the growth of teaching Online
The pandemic may have hastened the process of online learning gaining traction, but there are many other strong factors that have made its popularity possible
Increasing internet penetration. Today, the internet is globally omnipresent and as much a basic necessity as food, water, and shelter.
Innovative technologies like learning management systems, live virtual classrooms, feedback sessions, online chat forums have been game-changers for online teaching. Virtual reality and artificial intelligence also have the scope to provide students with real-time and insightful education.
The success of e-commerce has made people comfortable and confident about buying products and services online. Knowledge commerce is reaping the benefits.
Geographical boundaries have been neutralized. Learning and teaching can take place from any location, at any time. Students can learn from the best teachers, even though they may be continents apart.
Deep penetration of mobile devices and laptops has made it possible for a larger number of students to log into online learning platforms.
How can you start teaching online?
Once you decide to take your teaching from the classroom to the digital domain, you’ll need the right tools and processes to make the experience interactive and easy to grasp for your students. Here are some crucial steps to follow, when you transition to online tutoring
- Identify your target student group: Decide on the courses you want to teach online, and to whom. For example, if you want to teach Mathematics or Science to high school students, then use relevant virtual tools to create courses that will help students understand the subject better.
- Start with a pilot virtual classroom: To test the virtual waters, begin by teaching subjects you have expertise in. Keep the classes simple, so that you get comfortable with the learning management system you’re using. Choose a class that is easily adaptable to an online format.
- Create short courses: Start recording your knowledge and create short courses that you can give out for free or for minimum charges.
- Use different formats to conduct classes: Get creative and explore different formats – do live classes, interactive one-on-one sessions, or webinars. Use collaborative tools – like online blackboards, message boards, and chat rooms – to make the learning process seamless.
- Assess your students regularly and share their progress reports: Create regular assessments, gauge your students, and share their progress. This will help students understand how they are performing.
- Build trust and build your brand: Write blogs, create Youtube videos. Use social media platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter to highlight your course.
- Gather reviews: Proof of your work quality is very important in the online world. Get your students to write objective reviews about your courses.
ConclusionFresh LMS is one of the most user-friendly and powerful online course creation platforms available to tutors today. It is a complete No-Code platform where you can just register, create your course, and take your classroom into the virtual world. It seamlessly helps you transform your teaching skills into a thriving business, without compromising, in any way, on the quality of your teaching.